Wednesday 3 April 2013

My Favourite Lipsticks

MAC Costa Chic

Costa Chic is one of my favourite MAC lipsticks. It is beautiful coral colour that is perfect for Summer. It is great for when you don't have a lot of time to put effort into your makeup and it will brighten up your whole appearance. I have no doubt that this colour would work on any skin tone and I highly recommend it. The only downfall to this product is that you would definitely have to bring it around with you to reapply it throughout the day.




Barry M in shade 158

Not only am I completely obsessed with the shade 158 but all the Barry M lipsticks that I have tried are amazing and so affordable. This shade is perfect for a night out. It is so bright and moisturising, it literally has no flaws. It's a stunning pigmented coral colour. No doubt that you will stand out with this lipstick on. The great thing about this product is it literally lasts all day. This is definitely one of my go to lipsticks. If you haven't already, go buy this lipstick ;)




Barry M in shade 156


When I first opened this lipstick I was a little scared to try it. As you can probably see from the picture below it looks very dark. I didn't think I'd be able to pull it off. I bought it anyway just to try it out and I love it. It doesn't come out as dark as it looks at all. I lasts all day and it definitely an unusual colour that you wouldn't see everyday. It has a lovely soft finish to it. It is perfect for when you are wearing an outfit with a burgundy colour that you don't want to overpower with a red lipstick. If you're feeling daring you should definitely try this shade.




Barry M in shade 151

Like all the other Barry M lipsticks I have mentioned this one is just as creamy and pigmented. Unlike the others, this shade is a bit more subtle and could be worn on a daily basis if you wanted. It is just as appealing as the others and is, of course a coral shade. Coral colours definitely suit my skin tone very well. The other corals I have mentioned have more of a pinky tone to them whereas this one has an orange tone to it.

 


Infrared by Topshop

This is one of my most recent purchases. I've always wanted to try an orange lipstick and while in Topshop I thought this shade was perfect for me. I love the colour. It is literally a bright orange. It's definitely a daring colour but if you can pull it off go for it. The only fault with this colour, like Costa Chic, you have to keep reapplying it throughout the day. It can sometimes become a bit of a hassle. I love the colour nevertheless.




Innocent by Topshop

I was very surprised by this shade. I usually find lighter pinks don't suit my skin tone but this actually did. It is simply a beautiful, subtle pink. It's quite moisturising and lasts a lot longer than infrared. The Topshop lipsticks are definitely worth looking at :)

 



Thanks for reading :)






No comments:

Post a Comment